The eRepublik Canadian Green Party - Le Parti Vert Canadien d'eRepublik
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The eRepublik Canadian Green Party - Le Parti Vert Canadien d'eRepublik

The official forum of the eRepublik Canadian Green Party! - Le forum officiel de Le Parti Vert Canadien d'eRepublik

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you wish you knew as a new player?

Go down 
+3
Andrew Mendelson
iGrass
Daniel Nadolny
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel Nadolny

Daniel Nadolny

What do you wish you knew as a new player? Empty
PostSubject: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 pm

New Canadians will likely have a lot of questions to ask during their first few days and weeks on eRepublik. However, there may be some things they don't even know to ask, or might find out about after it would be really useful to know.

To help develop the mentorship program, it would be great to know the kinds of things you wish you knew when you first started. Here are a few that I think would have been helpful for me:

- The eCanada forums... I didn't even know they existed till about a week after I started playing
- The new Canadian bursary
- The Canadian health program

What kinds of things would have been helpful for you to know when you were first starting?
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1553649
iGrass

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:55 pm

Well, when I started out, i really didn't know what else I could do besides the two basic things

- Working
- Training in army

There wasn't much you could do, which made things a little boring

So... things like... other things you could do? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mendelson
Party President
Andrew Mendelson

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:59 pm

I agree; excellent point. My first few weeks on the game were rather boring. We can let them know about

-The aforementioned eCanada forums
-Joining a party; not just clicking "join party" in-game, but telling them about the other parts of being in a party, such as forums. basically, get into the political aspect which is the deepest part of the game IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://canadagreenparty.forumotion.net
iGrass

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:03 am

That old guy in the top right... Plato?

Definitely not that helpful... Except that he alerts you if anything is wrong.

I found that the Wiki for eRepublik was pretty helpful, except I found that player-to-player helps more than just reading off a web
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mendelson
Party President
Andrew Mendelson

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:05 am

The wiki is ok for some things, but I'd agree that player-to-player help is the most effective way to learn about the game.
Back to top Go down
Alex Sunderland

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:06 am

I'm actually relatively new to this game too. I'd still call myself a toddler in the newbie world. I've gotten the hang of things only from asking.

When I think back when I first registered, there are a few things I know now that I would have loved to have known then.

1. How to increase wellness other than waiting everyday for it to consume food and gain ONE point. Fighting and then healing in a hospital was really an awesome eye opener for me. The only reason I found it out was by reading a random discussion thread off the eRepublik forum (not the eCan which I only found out about a week in a half ago).

2.Cool things like the CAF and knowing you have to have 4.5 strength to join. I didn't train for days thinking, "heck I don't want to be a soldier", only to realize how useful it is as a good experience booster/wellness getter.

3. A quick guide to the political system would have been great too. I have a strong interest in RL politics and am involved with both the RL Green party and the Marijuana party, yet the political system of eRepublik was very strange to me. Even knowing about the different votes that happen and who currently holds what office etc. would have been very helpful.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there were a couple more.

A.S.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Slaughter

Mr. Slaughter

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:38 am

Well, my biggest problem as a newbie was wellness. I didn't know how to access the Canadian Healthcare plan, so I wasted my 5 gold on two wellness boxes. Also, I did not know that my 5 starting gold could to be transferred to about 150CAD (last time I checked).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ziek_the_geek
Joshua Morrisseau

Joshua Morrisseau

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Umm the link to the eCanada forums....I still need it lol.

Also just the basic stuff like working and such. Mainly wellness. Mine went down so fast in the start it sucked I nearly quit the game.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mendelson
Party President
Andrew Mendelson

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Still need it? No prob Very Happy

http://ecanada.ws/forums/
Back to top Go down
Honthro

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 am

I think it would be useful to break up the mentorships into tiers for the sake of not overwhelming the users with too much new information (ie if the user is fine at functioning at Tier 1, then the mentoring may cease, etc):

Tier 1:
Basic navigation (incl. links to forums/tuts/wiki/and other media external to eRep)
Daily tasks
Politics (party explanations/clarifications)
Congressional and electoral system/frequency of elections, etc
Business/military generalities

Tier 2:
Fighting/Healing
Health care and wellness
Party affiliation details/repercussions
Immigration

Tier 3:
Business management (incl. taxes, tariffs, licenses, etc)
Buying/Selling/Co-owning companies
Publication/Owning a Newspaper

Just my two cents. My main gripe is the lack of information on business. The wiki is useless for most hands-on info and it's tough digging the forums.
Back to top Go down
uaac

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 2:32 pm

First I want to say that Andrew has been extremely helpful and this is in now way a criticism.

The service I wish I knew about from the beginning is Canadian Health Services.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/organization/1316102

It's the cheapest way to get much needed wellness when you are a new player and there are no wars going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you wish you knew as a new player?   What do you wish you knew as a new player? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you wish you knew as a new player?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eRepublik Canadian Green Party - Le Parti Vert Canadien d'eRepublik :: Mentorship Program-
Jump to: