The eRepublik Canadian Green Party - Le Parti Vert Canadien d'eRepublik

The official forum of the eRepublik Canadian Green Party! - Le forum officiel de Le Parti Vert Canadien d'eRepublik

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
elizabethmartin

PostSubject: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 am

Seriously.

I'm new to this game, but W. T. F.? I want everybody here to give me a reason why we are losing this war so I can understand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JRodger

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:55 pm

If you go to eGobba.de, the answer becomes very relevant. France is a part of this alliance called PEACE GC, which is fully supporting both eFrance and eRussia. PEACE also has within it roughly 2/3 of the people playing this game. eCanada, eUSA and allies are doing their best but the sheer manpower PEACE has is rediculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Slaughter

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Yes, the entirety of PEACE is against us and our allies. And that alliance pretty much controls 2/3 of the eWorld and its ePopulace like JRodger said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ziek_the_geek
elizabethmartin

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Mr. Slaughter wrote:
Yes, the entirety of PEACE is against us and our allies. And that alliance pretty much controls 2/3 of the eWorld and its ePopulace like JRodger said.

But can somebody tell me why we are not aligned with PEACE?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua Morrisseau

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Why dont we just ally with them instead of losing to them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Slaughter

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm

elizabethmartin wrote:
Mr. Slaughter wrote:

PEACE is just a large group of conquerers. We were formerly a part of ATLANTIS, an alliance joined together in protection from PEACE. After ATLANTIS was disbanded with the whole Sweden-Germany war, joining PEACE was an option. However, the good citizens of eCanada decided over whelmingly against joining them.

They're conquerors who have on several occasions taken over countries that use to be our allies. Hungary, a pretty big PEACE nation, tries to PTO us every election. PEACE is quite our enemy. And of course now they're trying to take over eNorth America.
Back to top Go down
elizabethmartin

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Mr. Slaughter wrote:
elizabethmartin wrote:
Mr. Slaughter wrote:

PEACE is just a large group of conquerers. We were formerly a part of ATLANTIS, an alliance joined together in protection from PEACE. After ATLANTIS was disbanded with the whole Sweden-Germany war, joining PEACE was an option. However, the good citizens of eCanada decided over whelmingly against joining them.

They're conquerors who have on several occasions taken over countries that use to be our allies. Hungary, a pretty big PEACE nation, tries to PTO us every election. PEACE is quite our enemy. And of course now they're trying to take over eNorth America.

yeah, and by all accounts they are quite successful. I'm not saying we should just join with the strongest alliance, but it is very clear that we do not have the allies or resources to properly fight this fight and as a result eCanada is a *mess*. Is it worth losing everything just for pride?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R. T. Keay

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:43 pm

I can't help but think our administration has put Canada in a position to fail. Why oppose PEACE? Making a stand against tyranny is wonderful, but I've never heard reasons to oppose them aside from the fact that they were against an alliance we were once part of, and general comments about them being "bad".

We've neglected a supposed valued ally in the UK and are being invaded by France, a country who we started this war with. Is there a reason, beyond our government's arrogance, that we fight this war?

Last edited by R. T. Keay on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samundar Khan

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:13 pm

JRodger wrote:
... the sheer manpower PEACE has is rediculous.
Umm, don't you mean greeniculous?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jfstpierre

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm

R. T. Keay wrote:
We've neglected a supposed valued ally in the UK and are being invaded by France, a country who we started this war with. Is there a reason, beyond our government's arrogance, that we fight this war?
Correction : eUK has decided to disband unofficially its alliance with eCanada to ally itself with eFrance and the PEACE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Slaughter

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:07 pm

elizabethmartin wrote:

yeah, and by all accounts they are quite successful. I'm not saying we should just join with the strongest alliance, but it is very clear that we do not have the allies or resources to properly fight this fight and as a result eCanada is a *mess*. Is it worth losing everything just for pride?

I think the right dictate our own policies and have our own eNation rather than have to become a puppet with PEACE as our puppeteer is a cause worth fighting for.

EDIT: The situation with the eUK wasn't the result of a neglect of friendship. Its government was always controlled behind the curtain by PEACE.
Back to top Go down
Military Dude

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:43 am

To help here is the eRepublik Wiki explaining the PEACE and ATLANTIS teams:

PEACE: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/PEACE

ATLANTIS: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Atlantis

It states that PEACE is defensive which is somewhat wrong as they started the war and the wiki is rarely updated so don't trust everything you read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elizabethmartin

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:12 am

I've already read and understood about PEACE and ATLANTIS...and while I agree we *should* have the right to dictate our own policies, absolutely - don't ever mistake me for being anti-eCanadian here...I'm just saying that it looks like we're not going to be able to do that either way at this point, and what we're doing now is costing us a ton of money and resources, how will we ever be able to regroup and take back what is rightfully ours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JRodger

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 pm

From what I understand (I'm not a high enough strength to be involved in any military discussions), we're taking all of the areas that Russia has taken in North America, which means that, should Russia want to attack again, they'd have to attack Alaska again, making the defence an easier pill to swallow.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, if Russia is removed from North America that means USA and Canada would then shift their attention to removing France from Eastern Canada, right?

I'm vehemently opposed to joining PEACE now. Their reasoning for invading Canada has set my blood to boil. Prior to this war, I would have sung a different tune. I remember someone in the forums saying something along the lines that PEACE is attacking Canada 'cause they'd like to see America's hat burn. Neutral I'd like to be independent from a violent organization, thank you. If the USA ever decided, without Canada's consent, that they were going to attack someone, I'd demand we leave Fortis. Pacifism ftw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua Morrisseau

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:24 pm

I think that we should join PEACE. I dont like the idea as much as anyone else but I think we have wasted alot of money and resourses in a fight that has only one outcome. They simply have to much manpower right now. It wouldnt be so bad being apart of PEACE. We would at least stay a soverign nation and not to much of a puppet of another country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elizabethmartin

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Joshua Morrisseau wrote:
I think that we should join PEACE. I dont like the idea as much as anyone else but I think we have wasted alot of money and resourses in a fight that has only one outcome. They simply have to much manpower right now. It wouldnt be so bad being apart of PEACE. We would at least stay a soverign nation and not to much of a puppet of another country.

Agreed. At least it would give us the opportunity to regroup and properly resist, if we should choose to do that.

I hear Jacobi is now giving out contradictory orders to troops as the CAF...what gives?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JRodger

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Joshua Morrisseau wrote:
We would at least stay a soverign nation and not to much of a puppet of another country.

That's slightly contradictory, but it's beside the point. We would be at the mercy of eHungary and eIndonesia. Besides, wouldn't being in PEACE be very strange, since the beginning of the game, eCanada has been in opposition of PEACE, suddenly going from the opponent of eIndonesia to being her friend doesn't make sense to me, we'd always have this distrust within our own "alliance." In all honesty, I think if we weren't on top of the States, being neutral would be the best choice, and not eGermany- nor eUK-neutral. I am very happy with having a mutual defence contract with our neighbour and not some belligerent alliance threatening our security for no reason. You're thinking exactly what PEACE wants you to think. They want to destroy Canada and to intimidate her people into PEACE and I won't have any of it.

Vive la eCanada! Vive la liberté!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elizabethmartin

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:20 pm

JRodger wrote:
Joshua Morrisseau wrote:
We would at least stay a soverign nation and not to much of a puppet of another country.

That's slightly contradictory, but it's beside the point. We would be at the mercy of eHungary and eIndonesia. Besides, wouldn't being in PEACE be very strange, since the beginning of the game, eCanada has been in opposition of PEACE, suddenly going from the opponent of eIndonesia to being her friend doesn't make sense to me, we'd always have this distrust within our own "alliance." In all honesty, I think if we weren't on top of the States, being neutral would be the best choice, and not eGermany- nor eUK-neutral. I am very happy with having a mutual defence contract with our neighbour and not some belligerent alliance threatening our security for no reason. You're thinking exactly what PEACE wants you to think. They want to destroy Canada and to intimidate her people into PEACE and I won't have any of it.

Vive la eCanada! Vive la liberté!

I don't know why you have to equate being in an "alliance" (by force, no less) and being "friendly". What exactly do you think is to be gained by continuing to fight this war and become France? Either way another regime has it's hand up our asses, why don't we stop the bloodletting and come up with a plan B?

PEACE has got me thinking what they want me to think, because they are successfully invading and taking over eCanada. If they weren't being so successful, I wouldn't be saying what I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua Morrisseau

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 pm

At least being in PEACE we could stay in control of ourselves. Its to late to be just nuetral. It shouldnt matter that we were always the opposition to PEACE. We have to think about keeping our regions safe and in eCanadian control. This is about not being able to go on as we did but some what limited. I for one dont want every article I read to be in french and be a french citizen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew Mendelson
Party President

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:26 pm

There are a number of good arguments for and against joining PEACE. Here's my two cents.

PEACE is not an alliance in a traditional sense.

All member countries do not have equal say. Each country within the alliance loses its freedom to govern itself. Most members of PEACE are essentially puppet-states of Hungary (and Indonesia to some extent).

I hate war as much as the next guy; I wish we could avoid it at all costs. However, I think that joining PEACE would destroy Canada. We would become a puppet country, a nothing country; we would have none of the values left, that make us Canadians.

Right now, things aren't even looking that bad for us. We may have lost lots of ground, but we are fighting back strong. Don't forget that we have other allies out there other than the U.S. We have Spain, Romania, Poland, Sweden, and many others. They are beginning to fight against PEACE in Europe, making it difficult for them to continue their assault here, on the other side of the Atlantic. PEACE is beginning to ever-extend themselves; while they may still be quite formidable, they are weakening ever so slightly.

Even if we do lose the war, what happens to Canada? We become a puppet to PEACE; a defeated, conquered mass of nothingness.....but in my uhmble opinion, we will likely meet that same result right away, if we join PEACE.

So right now, I would be against the notion of joining PEACE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://canadagreenparty.forumotion.net
Daniel Nadolny

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks Andrew. I'm definitely against joining PEACE as well. I think we deserve to be free and self-governed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1553649
elizabethmartin

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Daniel Nadolny wrote:
Thanks Andrew. I'm definitely against joining PEACE as well. I think we deserve to be free and self-governed!

Alright, I can get down with this, so let's talk about what we're going to do as a party to restore some sense of freedom in eCanada.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Military Dude

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 am

My opinion on topic is to start a new military alliance that's basically allied with PEACE but different, I doubt anything near that is going to happen, Sad .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua Morrisseau

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Now that our allies are giving them trouble in Europe we are able to finally go on the offensive in eCanada to gain our lost regions. Hopefully soon we can reclaim them all and help the fight in Europe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Military Dude

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:08 am

I hope so too, I had to make a hard choice fighting today, fight for lost eCanada regions or European regions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?   

Back to top Go down

Can somebody please explain to me why we are getting our asses kicked in this war?
Page 1 of 1